One month into the year already, its hard to believe. January has been an action packed month with my second accounting exam, my new commitment of the gym every week and trying out lots of new products that I will be reviewing soon. Without anymore delays lets get into the post…
- Japonesque Precision Eyelash definer (£6.50) ~ This was a product designed to separate your eyelashes should mascara make them clumpy. In the photos included in this post, you can see that it has shattered into many pieces. So no surprise that it is being binned. I will not be repurchasing this because it was fiddly to use and didn’t separate my lashes as well as some other lash combs I have tried.
- Champneys eye lash curlers (£6.50) ~ These were a mess, with the writing almost gone and the bit you curl your lashes with sticking together (no matter how well I clean it). It was clear its time was up. Before they were in this state they worked rather well, but these specific ones are no longer sold. Therefore, I estimated the price for the purpose of this post and purchased the NYX ones (£5) instead. I’m still testing these so I can’t give a review yet.
- Real Techniques pointed foundation brush (£5.50) and buffing brush (£5.50) (both part of a set so estimated price) ~ These are the two brushes that I decluttered from my collection, as they are from the first set of makeup brushes I got (so they are old) and I never use them. I think that after you have had brushes for so long, they start to harbour bacteria no matter how much you clean them. This made it easy to declutter these, along with the fact that I don’t use flat foundation brushes and I prefer my Sigma F80 as a buffing brush. Therefore, I won’t be repurchasing.
Products used up:
- Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask 99p ~ The more I use this mask, the more my opinion changes. I originally really liked this, believing it was really hydrating. However, this hydration now seems to only be shot term. After I take it off and rub the excess in, it feels very moisturising. However, a few minutes later it feels like I only applied a light moisturiser. I don’t think this is working for me anymore.
- Toni & Guy cleanse dry shampoo 100ml £2.99 ~ This is the best dry shampoo I have tried yet. It leaves your hair smelling really fresh, adds volume, doesn’t leave a white residue and absorbs a lot of the oil in your hair. Overall, really great product.
- No7 Quick thinking wipes £2.00 ~ These were in lots of my monthly empties last year and for good reason. They are still my favourite makeup wipes, they don’t sting your eyes and remove all my makeup easily.
- Head & Shoulders Classic Shampoo 500ml £4.99 ~ I really enjoy this because it leaves my hair feeling so clean and removes all oil from my scalp, without drying out my hair. I will definitely repurchase.
- AVON Superextend liquid liner in black £3.50 ~ I have used a lot of these eyeliners and it was good for the price, but I am fed up of repurchasing this so often. It drys out so quickly and now I have a new favourite I won’t be repurchasing this.
- PS…Love this 100 oval cosmetic pads 90p ~ If you don’t know this by now these are the only cotton pads I buy. I don’t know what to say about these other than they are super cheap and work very well.
- Benefit They’re Real tinted lash primer £18.50 ~ I purchased this when it first came out about a year ago (February 2016) and I ad never tried a lash primer before. Safe to say that with an expiration date of 6 months this needs to go, but I am definitely going to repurchase this very soon. This product is incredible, it makes your lashes so long and wispy. It separates your lashes well, so it never clumps. You can wear it alone or add a mascara on top for super false effect lashes. This is holy grail status to me for sure.
- NYX HD Finishing pressed powder in 01 translucent £8.00 ~ I preferred this to the loose version as it is more convenient. It sets your skin really nicely and lasts well. It will give you a white cast if you apply too much, so use a light hand. I’m unsure if I am going to repurchase as there are other pressed powders I want to try. However, I will probably pick it up in the future.
- Smashbox photo-finish primer water 5ml £3.75 ~ I got this in a 4 for £15 sample offer from Boots and was quite impressed. I not only enjoy using this as a makeup setting spray and refresher but I find that it works great in combination with other primers as a base. The mister on this is good and I will definitely repurchase this.
- Body Shop Glazed Apple shower gel 250ml £2.50 ~ This was brought out Christmas 2015 I believe and I love the scent of this. It has a warm candy apple scent that is perfect for winter. I purchased a mini and another full size during the Christmas sale this year just past because I enjoyed it so much.
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme volumizing mascara £6.41 ~ This mascara was good for both length and volume. It was a little clumpy sometimes but not too bad. The formula is very wet, so if you don’t like that in a mascara then steer clear. If you are in the UK and want this you can this cheap on Amazon.
- EOS Lemon Drop lip balm £5.95 ~ This is the last EOS lip balm in my collection. I really liked the smell of the one because I am obsessed with lemon but it was only okay as a lip balm. I find them difficult to store and a little expensive for what they are. Therefore, I won’t be repurchasing.
- Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre sample FREE ~ I already have the full size of this and received this sample with a Cult Beauty order. I love this moisturiser so much because it is slightly thicker than a regular day cream but it absorbs quickly. The full size comes in a tube so you can get every bit of product out. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.
- REN Flash Hydro- Boost sample FREE ~ I only got 2-3 uses out of this sample and at £34.00 for the full size, I don’t know if I will purchase it. To use this you apply to cleansed skin, then wet your hands and rub into the skin to add hydration. Afterwards you add your moisturiser as usual. It definitely left my skin extra hydrated and smooth and it is a product more geared towards some with my skin type (dry). However, it has a really weird scent. I don’t know how to describe other than it is very masculine. I can’t say at this moment whether I am going to purchase it or not but if I do I will let you guys know.
That is it for my empties in the month of January, totalling 18 items at £84.48. In my project pan 2017 post I mentioned that my overall empties aim meant I had to use up an average of 21 items a month; I didn’t reach that this month which is a shame but I wasn’t that far off.
As always thank you for reading this post. If you have any post requests please leave them in the comment section below and don’t forgot to follow my blog and like this post before you leave.
Until the next time,