The day has finally come. This is the last declutter post for 2017. It has been a long time coming but I finally completed this post. I am sorry about the wait but it took quite a while to find all the pictures for the remaining items. In terms of my November and December empties this will be up in the next couple of days as the last post related to 2017.
Colourpop ultra matte lip mini in ‘clueless’ and ‘tulle’ (Both FREE): These were both expired and I will not purchase the full size of either as ‘clueless’ was too pink for me and ‘tulle’ was an unflattering brown shade on my skin tone.
Colourpop ultra matte lip mini in ‘honey pie’ (FREE): I will never have an opportunity to wear this bright red. This was part of a minis set for Valentines day 2017 and I can see a lot of people enjoying this, it is just whether you wear this sort of shade or not.
Colourpop ultra satin lip in ‘Baracuda’ (£4.57): As with most decluttered items this just didn’t work for me. The shade itself just makes me look super ghostly.
Colourpop x Hello Kitty lippie stix in ‘konichiwa’ (£3.89): Too pink. That is my only issue with this product. As Colourpop is only online for those of us in the UK you have to go with swatches and other sources to decide on which colours to buy. Unfortunately this one just didn’t work out for me.
Makeup Revolution liquid lipstick in ‘we rule’ (£4.00): This is a very similar shade to the Kylie Cosmetics metal liquid lipstick in ‘heir’ except I prefer that shade and formula. As I don’t get to wear metallics often, I kept the Kylie one and decluttered the Makeup Revolution one.
Gerard Cosmetics supreme lip creme in ‘wild berry tart’ (£12.00): I like the shade but the smell is too strong and its a bit too sticky for me. Although, wild berry tart is a good shade name for this because the scent itself smells like very sweet berries. Again I feel it is entirely down to preferences with lip products as to whether you will like this or not.
Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss in ‘dainty’ (£16.00): The bright peach shade and the fact it looks super streaky on the lips are the reasons that this one had to go. I love the Anastasia gloss formula but this shade was a dud for me.
Sleek highlighting palette in ‘Cleopatra’s kiss’ (£9.99): The two powder highlighters in this palette are far too glittery for my taste and the only one of the creams I could wear was the light yellow shade. As I prefer by far the Sleek Solstice highlighter palette, I will be passing this one on.
Benefit Cosmetics Benetint (£25.50): When I first got this I was obsessed, this is such a well known product in the beauty community as it is. This can be used on your cheeks and lips, creating a natural flushed effect. I passed this on as I just found myself not reaching for it anymore. I think if you are really into natural makeup and liquid cheek products you should get a sample to try though, as it is a good product.
Maybelline ColorElixir in ‘720 Nude Illusion’ (£6.99): This has expired so it has been thrown out. This was a nice slightly on the warmer side shade of nude gloss, but I wouldn’t repurchase as I have so many others I prefer.
Gerard Cosmetics lipstick in ‘Vintage Rose’ (£11.00): This particular shade had a very dry formula which when applied drags across your lips. As well as this unpleasant factor the shade didn’t suit me, so I found no reason to keep this in my collection.
Too Faced Glimmer dust in ‘Glitterally’ (FREE): I just don’t use loose glitters. Too much mess, especially since this doesn’t even have a sifter.
Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade in dark brown (£15.00): In case you couldn’t tell, this has completely dried out. It is too dark for my brows now anyway, so when I repurchase I think I will choose the shade medium brown instead.
NYX Jumbo eye pencil in 611 yogurt (£5.50): I think by now most of you will realise from the theme of products I have been decluttering, that I just don’t use eye crayons.
NYX Vivid Brights eyeliner in vivid violet (£5.50): I like this for regular liner but it does flake off if you use it for a wing. With this limitation and the fact that I have limited opportunities to wear purple liner, I decided to declutter this.
NYX Intense butter gloss in cookie butter (£6.00): I really like the formula of the intense butter glosses but this was such a strange shade. Cookie butter is a light nude with a weird tone to it (I want to say almost yellowish). I just don’t think it looks good at all.
NYX colour correcting powder in banana (£9.00): Far too dark for my skin tone, making it impossible for me to use.
NYX single shadow in happy hour (£4.50): I have so many of this kind of shade in palettes that I just don’t go searching through my collection for this shade in single shadow form.
NYX Tame and Frame tinted brow pomade in brunette (£6.00): This had dried out completely but I have since repurchased it. (For those of you wondering I have picked up Inglot duraline since throwing out my two dried up brow pomades so this doesn’t happen again.)
KIKO wet and dry eyeshadow in 204 (£7.10): I could only get this shade to suit me on the outer corner and it was difficult to get it to blend smoothly when applied there. I love the shade 200 but this one I just couldn’t get to work for me. It would probably work well as an all over lid shade for a purple smokey eye but I don’t get a chance to wear that sort of look often, so I passed this on.
KIKO 3D hydra lip gloss in 22 (£7.90): I have so many lip products and I tend to wear more matte formulas anyway. Overall I just have so many other formulas of lip gloss that I prefer over this one, and this is difficult to store as well as it is in such bulky packaging.
KIKO infinity eyeshadow in 215 (£1.00): I get that this is cheap but the packaging makes this so difficult to use. It is a brown shade with golden subtle sparkle, which I found sometimes showed up and others you wouldn’t think it was anything other than a matte brown.
KIKO make your own palette (£5.00) and KIKO single shadow in 59 (£2.50): I don’t think I am going to purchase more of the KIKO eyeshadows so I passed on the palette with the single shadow in it. The navy shade is nice but I just don’t use it as I rarely ever have the opportunity to wear colourful makeup and when I do I normally reach for purples or warm toned more bold shades.
Annoyingly I have searched extensively and cannot locate the remaining pictures for the following products. Therefore these will just have to be listed.
- Colourpop lippie stix in Goldie, hotline, upside down and ziggie (£3.89 each): These were shades, well three of them, were the sort that my best friend would love so I already passed those onto her. The shade upside down is a light peach that I got in a kit and it just doesn’t suit me or anyone I know so it unfortunately had to be trashed.
- NARS blush in miss liberty (£23.00): This product is labelled as a blush but it is actually a highlighter. The reason I decluttered this is because it is quite old and I don’t use highlighters that are super glittery, which this one is pure glitter. I did enjoy using this as an eyeshadow but with the amount of products I own I couldn’t justify not giving it to someone else to try out instead.
- L’Oreal Color Riche lipstick in 214 violet saturne (£6.99): It was just an okay product. I didn’t like the scent of the lipstick and the colour was just something I would only wear occasionally. Therefore with my large collection of lip products, I didn’t need to keep this one.
- Coty Airspun loose face powder in translucent (£14.99): OLD LADY PERFUME. Easiest way to describe the scent of this. It is so overwhelming that your face smells of it all day. I really do like the powder itself but you can’t get the unscented version in the UK. The packaging also broke on mine which made it very messy. I believe that this is a good product and I see why so many others love it, but I can’t ignore my nose anymore.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel (£16.50): This one was almost dried out so I tossed it. I love this brow gel and have minis of it that I kept.
- Colourpop mini ultra matte lip in ‘more better’ (£2.34): I passed this on as it is too bold for me to wear other than once a year or so.
That is it for this post. I hope you all enjoyed the decluttering posts this year. As mentioned previously anything that hasn’t expired will be passed onto others unless it can’t be for hygiene reasons.
This brings the totals to 284 items and a retail value of £1636.65!
Until the next time,