This is my first empties post for 2018! I am really looking forward to seeing how many products I can use up this year. If you want to find out how many products I used up in 2017 and how much that was all worth, please check my November and December empties post (the previous post to this one).
I will be posting my resolutions for 2018, which will mention product empties, very soon (bit late I know but stay tuned). With that all said, lets get into the empties for this month…
- Botantics All bright with hibiscus cleansing facial wipes (£3.49): I use these to remove my makeup and even just freshen up my face sometimes. These are gentle on the skin and remove makeup well (not as well as the No7 ones though). I have repurchased these as I do like them I just have others that I prefer that are harder to obtain than these.
- Bioderma makeup removing micelle solution 250ml (£10.80): This removes makeup so well, its super gentle and doesn’t leave a film on the skin. I will repurchase again and again, highly recommend this.
3. Benefit triple performing facial emulsion (£27.00): Benefits skincare is something that I don’t think is talked about enough in the beauty community. This hydrates the skin, is lightweight, oil-free and has SPF 15. The bottle feels heavy and looks cute on your vanity. However, I will not be repurchasing… Before anyone says anything let me explain why. I got this product when my skin was more combination, now it is super dry. Therefore, I think this product is good for those with combination, normal or slightly dry skin types but it no longer is enough for me.
4. Charles Worthington everyday gentle micellar shampoo 250ml (£5.99): I love this shampoo. It cleanses the hair without stripping it. I can always count on this giving me the results that I want. For reference, I typically like to use a cleansing shampoo and then a hydrating conditioner to restore my hair since I use a lot of heat on it.
5. MAC pro longwear paint pot in ‘soft ochre’ (£16.00): I picked this up years ago and the formula is too dry on my eyelids now. If you have a medium/dark skin tone this shade would probably work well for you but it is just too yellow for me. Therefore, this will be going in the back to MAC pile.
6. Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer in ‘fair neutral’ (£19.50): For an everyday basis I still prefer this to the Tarte Shape tape concealer. Everything from the applicator to the shade is just slightly better suited to me. I love both of these concealers though so I have to pick up another one ASAP. (Note: The reason I mentioned shape tape in this mini review is that most bloggers have reviewed them side by side and have a favourite, so I wanted my opinion on this to be made as well.)
7. MAC lipstick in ‘pure zen’ (£16.50): Mangled doesn’t begin to describe this lipstick (it is barely hanging on in the tube). Yes, I do know you can melt them down and use various ways to fix them. However, this lipstick is expired and I don’t like the shade enough to repurchase. Resulting in it joining the paint pot in the back to MAC pile.
8. Tarte cosmetics lights, camera, lashes mini sample (FREE): This makes your lashes look really good in terms of length and volume but I will not be purchasing the full size. It costs £21.00 and if your eyes water even the slightest it makes them burn so badly. I have never had that issue with a mascara before and if you have watery eyes I recommend you stay far away from this one. It is a shame, as everything else about the mascara I enjoyed.
9. Tarte cosmetics maracuja c-brightener eye treatment sample (FREE): This has an incredibly rich formula that really hydrates the under eye area. It does take a while to absorb because of this factor, so it will be dependant on your skin type and preferences as to whether you use this just in the evening or morning and night. Once I have finished my Benefit eye cream I will be purchasing the full size of this one, since it is more hydrating and that is what I look for in these products.
10. L’oreal Paradise extatic mascara (£11.99): This is mascara that made bloggers and YouTubers go crazy in 2017 (it’s marketed as the lash paradise mascara in the USA). I will have to pick up another one as it makes your lashes super long and voluminous, although I do have to say this one dried out super fast in comparison to other mascaras I have used so be aware of that. Everyone compares this to the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara, and as someone who has tried that one (a mini in waterproof formula) I would say 100% save your money and get this one instead.
That is it for my first empties post of the year. The first totals are 10 items at £111.27!
Until the next time,